Sunday, April 27, 2008

Here's the week...





This picture is actually of the first day of school here, please notice the green grass, it is not green now because it will not stop snowing! Anyway, this week I got to go to the school(the girls I babysit were sick)and we ate lunch in the cafeteria with Maycee. It was so cute, when we got to school Maycee was sitting in the chair right in the front waiting for us and then she showed us what to do. It brang back many memories from the "old days". Were those tables and benches always so small? I was very entertained to watch all the little kids eat their chicken fried steak, they don't hand out knives in the elementry school, so all of them stabbed their big hunk of meat with their forks and took bited out of it that way. It was very cute. It was nice weather for part of the week and then it went BAD! (I just tried to put a picture of a snowy robin right here, but it ended up on the top. So please note the picture of the snowy robin on the top of this post!) We looked outside and saw this poor robin with the look on his face that seemed to say"What the heck just happened I thought it was spring". I think we all felt the same way. There is someone just down the road that put a big giant blow up santa out in their yard, it quickly blew down because of the extreme wind, but they were kind of funny. Now today it is beautiful with the sun shining and last night it was nice enough that Jeff and I hired a babysitter and walked around the entire green belt(a big path around the snake river) with out freezing. I guess people are right when they say" If you don't like the weather in Idaho just wait 20 minutes". I think we are all ready to have summer!!!


4 comments:

Jenny G said...

That robin is the fattest robin ever. Maybe they are getting real big there to survive the spring snow.

Becky said...

I had to do after school duty when it was snowing so I feel the same as that poor robin!!! I think that is why I am fatter too, is to survive the snowy spring!!! :)

Karri said...

Thaqt is so funny! You're such a good mom. My girls have been trying to get me to go to lunch with them all year. ARen't you loving the weather today?

Kjerstin said...

We were cleaning up all of the leaves and garbage that blow around the yard all winter, and I would rake up a stack and then the wind would blow it away. Sigh. Oh, I also love changing my shirt fourteen times a day because I can't decide if I'm cold or hot! Idaho. Sheesh. :)