Friday, August 1, 2008

Where did July go???

Here are some pictures from our "Bumble bee" cheer camp, Maycee is the one in the bright white skirt and shirt right in the middle. It was a lot of fun, we didn't have any injuries and there were only one or two tiny girls who wanted to call their moms cuz they missed them. I think the high light for most of the girls for these 2 days of fun was when the sprinklers came on without us knowing they were going to and they all got to play in the water after lunch. Yeah.
This month I also got to go to Pocatello for 4 days for cheer camp. I know I am supposed to be an adult and all but I had so much fun. I love coaching cheerleading. It was like being a kid again. The girls all did really good for the most part. There were only a couple girls that got in trouble for sneaking out at 3:00 a.m. to go be with boys, actually they are dead meat!!!! And there was one girl that got really sick and we had to take her to the doctor and then the next day she went to the E.R. cuz she couldn't breathe. It turns out she had a bladder infection, an ear infection and MONO. Yikes, so I hope no one else gets it. Anyway, it was a few days without little kids, just doing something I really like. Maybe if it was in Hawiia it would have been even better!!! Well other than that I have just been busy doing summer stuff, the kids love to have me take them on picnics(I could tell you what every park in town has to offer). We have taken advantage of the movie tickets the school sells, I think we have eaten our body weight in popcorn and seen more movies than I thought possible. And although we are feeling the pinch of having a husband/dad that is a full time student, I have to admit that in the last month or so I really feel like things have been going well and that somehow we have become closer as a family. We have made a point of having family scripture and prayer every night(Jeff got a quote in one of his religion classes that said if you would make a commitment to doing that every day that it would pretty much make your whole life go smoother. Turns out those darn prophets are right a lot of the time!!!) School starts this month and while I really like my kids I think it will do them good to spend some time away from eachother.


3 comments:

amber and james said...

Pam-you are the best mommy! I wish I were more like you and played with my kids more. You are too much fun!

Karli said...

your kids are so cute! maybe in the school time it will be easier to reach me to babysit! every time you call i am already babysitting! Its been really crazy but i love it!! macey looks so cute doing her cheers by the way:)

amber and james said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR PAMALAMADINGDONG...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
LOVE,
ME