Thursday, September 2, 2010

Hair Color 101


Today I did something brilliant and amazing. I saved a bunch of $$ and colored my hair all by myself. I decided to get rid of the blond highlights and go back to plain brown. However, I neglected to follow the directions completely. Don't get me wrong, the color looks fine, but my hands are another story. If you can tell in the picture they are very "dirty". Well I decided not to wear the gloves provided in the kit. I hate those plastic gloves. In my head I was assuming the gloves were there to provide protection to those whose skin may be sensitive to the chemicals associated with the color. I was wrong. I think they are there to save your hands from permenant color! In the directions, step 1...Put gloves on. Oh shoot. Now if the directions had said...Step 1: Put your gloves on and if you don't you will have to wait 28 washes before they ever look clean again. Then I would have worn my gloves. I guess I learned the hard way to always follow the instructions. I am just glad it didn't make my hair turn blue or something.

2 comments:

Kjerstin said...

Yeah, I've gone a little too dark. Okay, it was jet black, which is quite the contrast to my albino skin. :) No worries, if my black hair faded eventually so will your hands. We need to hang out! Are you back to work full time now?

Anonymous said...

Pam you are so funny!!!! Thanks for the laugh!
Aunt Roxie