Sunday, May 30, 2010

Anxious for Summer


Jeff's brother Spencer and his family just moved to Utah and they were telling us about a pool they had that they felt they were not going to use because their kids are still just a little too young to get good use out of it without drowning. So like a good family member would, Jeff offered to take it off their hands, strictly for the safety of their children:) We had a similar but smaller pool so we offered to trade them for the one they had. Well Jeff's mom brought the pool here after a recent visit to Utah and out of pure child-like excitement Jeff could not wait to set it up. Please note that the very faithful helper, Maycee, has her winter coat on. It snowed a little this day. Now the very best part about it is that every day I get to have the kids beg me to swim in it (50-60 degree weather outside). After every time they ask and I say "No" I get to hear them reassure me that I am a mean mom and don't want them to have any fun. One day they will thank me that I didn't let them turn into frozen ice pops out there right!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know--Stephanie stills gives me a hard time for all the 'mean' things I did to her! Great pool!
Roxie

Becky said...

I can't wait to come and swim in this pool!!! I was worried that I didn't have a pool this summer, but now you do, so expect us to visit lots this summer!!!! :) :) Oh and by the way, telling you that you are a mean mom never ends, it just gets louder and more!!!!!!