Saturday, October 18, 2008

Yikes!!

I hope you can tell how freakishly huge this bug is. It is in the bottom of a canning jar and he fills up the entire bottom. Last night at the football game this guy came falling out of the sky(I saw everything like it was slow motion)and landed on the track. Jeff caught him in a cup and we brought it home to show the kids, they were equally impressed!!
Here is what happens when it snows in the middle of October, the kids and Jeff make 2 giant snowmen. Maycee is happy I promise, I don't know what happened to her face in this picture. I personally do not think it is such a great time to roll snow around on the ground so the kids are lucky Jeff is fun. I stayed in the warmth of my house and made chocolate chip cookies.

Alright I think this is the last yummy thing I know how to make so I will stop with the recipes. These are Calzones and they are really easy and fun to make. Everyone in the family can help and put their own fillings in. It makes the kids want to eat dinner cuz they got to pick out what is inside. Sometimes we put a food coloring dot on the outside of the calzone and then we can remember which one is for who.
Calzones
5 tsp. yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
4 cups flour
Mix the yeast and water. Add sugar and salt, stir. Add flour all at once and stir until most of the flour is absorbed. Knead until smooth and elastic. For breadsticks roll our and cut into strips, cover with butter, garlic and parmesan cheese. For calzones roll out and cut around a salad plate. Cut mazzarella and other toppings(pepperoni, canadian bacon, peppers, onions etc)fold over and seal tight. Brush with egg yolk and milk mixture. For both things cook at 425 for 12-15 minutes. You don't need to put any sauce in the calzone it will all squirt out when it cooks, warm some marinara and dip in it with the calzone. ENJOY!!


2 comments:

Jenny G said...

That Jeff makes the best snowmen ever. Maybe we can have calzones for dinner. They look yummy. But Jack keeps barfing.

amber and james said...

Freakin' Freaky Bug! Yikes! That makes me feel all itchy and crawly! I am impressed with your bravery for catching it!
The snowmen are equally impressive also! Great job! My kids only got to the bottom ball. Whatever you would call that on a snowman body-the butt maybe? I like it a lot!