Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy (late) Birthday Tammy!!

It was my sister Tammy's Birthday on the 17th and although I am late I would like to do a birthday tribute to her. Here are some things that I like about her. She is the one above in the orange...
1. She could always make my babies stop crying when I couldn't, she would come over to my house on her lunchbreak for fun and snuggle them.
2. She used to make up little songs about me and my boyfriends and sing them all the time. How embarassing.
3. Road trips are always funner when she is there, we can laugh our heads off at simple things like the directions to the capital building in Salt Lake that say, "go to the capital building" or at made up words like peeenlop.
4. When she would hand down clothes to me I would think they were like gold.
5. She is a good secret keeper, she knows things about me that are safe in her little head and I know she won't tell anyone.
6. She has called me many times on the phone and let me cry so hard to her that my words were "blsheklzdcn," and she makes me feel better.
7. She has been my number 1 example in my life, I always wanted to be her, if she hadn't made the good choices in her life that she has, I probably would not be where I am today.
Thanks Tammy, I love you and I am glad that you are my sister!!!

5 comments:

Jenny G said...

That tribute is beautiful and nearly made me cry. I thought the clothes that she handed to you then you handed to me were still made of gold. Does this song ring a bell, "They don't kiss, they don't touch, I just think they talk too much!" Being away from you guys is hard.

Jenny G said...

Oh, and another thing. You are pretty darn funny for taking a picture of that picture. It sits on Jack's dresser and every time I see it I get a smile on my face.

Tammy said...

Mom told me to read your blog....it made me cry. You are too kind and make me feel like less of a loser.....I Love you too.

Becky said...

That was an amazing tribute to Tammy!!! It did make me cry!! I had to stop and take a deep breath so that I wouldn't cry while I was reading it to Doug!! You guys are all the most wonderful bunch of sisters a girl could know!! I am very grateful and feel blessed to be a part of this family!!!!! Thanks for excepting me even when I am a little crazy!!!! :) :)

Karri said...

thank you thank you for your calzone recipe! can't wait to try it. don't you just love sisters!