Monday, July 12, 2010

I did it


Well I finally did it. I got brave enough to have the dreaded knee surgery done. There is no turning back now. I got it done on Thursday, July 8 and so far so good. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't feel good but I survived. Here's the story...I got to the hospital at 12:00 pm and they did all the "check in stuff" and then they took me up to get my IV. The girl did a great job, I guess they numb ya a little first now and then put the IV in. Very nice. Then the nice anesthesiologist(well ya know what I mean) came in, his name was Pat, the same one Jeff had when he had hernia surgery, and he hooked me up with some stuff to calm me down. Thank you Pat. And then off to sleepy I went and I knew it was over and time to wake up because I felt the pain. When I looked up at the nurse she asked how I was and then said that they were admitting me. I asked what that meant (I was still drugged) and she said they were gonna have me stay over night because the Dr. thought I would need help with the pain. Thanks Doc. So they gave me this handy little medicine button that I could push every 10 minutes that made my pain not so bad and made me a little loopy!! I would have stayed there for the rest of my recovery if they would have let me, the nurses were SO nice and helpful, I could just push a button and they came to my room to see what I needed, but after the night they said I could go home. So here I am, homebound. I can't drive for 6 weeks, I started physical therapy today and my family is being really nice and helpful. Well I hope all goes well and that I will be up and moving soon, well I can crutch around but ya know I want to get out of the house etc. So if anyone is bored I would love some attention. Ha ha! Thanks to everyone for the support so far and I am sure I may have a little time to blog in the next few weeks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Pammy! I will come and spoil you a little next week, ok?
Aunt Roxie

Jenny G said...

Thank you for blogging, though I did enjoy my text picture as well. I wish I was close and could give you some attention. You're brave and I'm glad your knee won't fall out all the time now.

My word verification for the comment is "presses." Neat.