Saturday, June 7, 2008

Well isn't that nice.

Today was the "Daddy Daughter" date, and since I am now an activity day leader I was able to be there with this dazzling duo. We had a picnic theme, if you can tell from the picture though it was an inside picnic, when it is 45 degrees outside and 50 mph wind it makes picnicing not so nice outside. They all still had fun though, there was food, potato sack races, 3 legged races, dad's painting the girls fingernails, and some girls painting the dads fingernails, and painting t-shirts. Rock on. I remember the daddy dates back from when I was small, so I hope this memory will last as long for these 2.
Oh what a day!!! Lincoln turns 3 years old. WHAT?? He was so cute, he got to wake up and open his presents in his spider man jammies. We got him a few things that he liked, but what he really wanted was a motorcycle. From the time he could talk he has told us he wanted one. We told him that he would have to learn to ride a bike without training wheels first(knowing that by the time he could do that he would have forgotten about that promise)but when he took off on his bike a couple weeks ago he quickly reminded us that now he could have a motorcycle. Needless to say, he did not get one for his birthday. I had asked him if he had a good birthday and if he liked all of his presents, and he looked at me with puppy dog eyes and said"Mom you know all I wanted was a motorcycle." Well alrighty then, talk about breaking my heart!


Ya know you are getting old when a bird flies into a tree and it keeps your attention for 20 minutes. But honestly this bird looks like he belongs in the jungle. He was in the tree in my front yard in the freezing summer weather here, and he had such a good time. We loved him, but he flew away darnit. Seriously, does anyone know what it is?

And last of all my dad was here this week and it was very good to see him again, now I have got to hear the kids ask all day, "Where do you think Grandpa is right now?" They sure liked him.



11 comments:

amber and james said...

Awesome stuff! I totally love that bird! I am jealous, no birds of such beautiful color and fatness ever grace my trees! I would also be totally fascinated for hours if that happened to me.

Kjerstin said...

I don't know how you don't just cave whenever Lincoln asks for something. That kid is so amazingly adorable! What on earth are you putting in your trees to get birds like that? All of the birds in our yard are just really fat because of all of the worms that come out everytime it rains.

Smith Family said...

Gotta love the cute things kids do! What a pretty bird!!! I hope that bird comes to my house.

Amberlee said...

Hey Pam- do you remember me? It's been a few years. Although we do tend to bump into eachother at stores once in a while. My sons are all obsessed with motorcycles too. They all ride except for our youngest, but give it a couple of years. That bird was so pretty- I can't believe it was in your tree here in Idaho. It looks like it belongs in a jungle somewhere. It's fun to see what your family is up to these days. Tell Jeff hi from us too.

Becky said...

I love that bird. I swear that a bird like that flew out of my tree a couple of weeks ago and I thought I was seeing things. I didn't think a bird like that could be in Idaho Falls. Maybe I am not as crazy as I thought I was. The picture of Jeff and Maycee is way cute too. I hope I spelled Maycee right because I am on drugs and can't remember for sure!! :) Tell Lincoln he can't always have everything he wants, and to save his own money!!! :) :)

Karli said...

hey pam its karli i dont know if you knew that i had a blog but i do so if you go on mindys list its on there!! but that is a pretty bird!! i can believe that licoln is 3!! he is growing up so fast i love your kids death and everyone elses kids i babysit but your kids are really fun you need to call me again sometime!!! BYE

Jenny G said...

I would say to that bird, "There's a birdy going slow I call it a bananer!" Just tell Lincoln he is too advanced. Motorcycles come from Santa?

amber and james said...

Pam,
Thank you so much for coming to my Scentsy party! You rock!

Becky said...

I love the picture of Maycee with the snow all in her hair!!! It is a way cute picture!!!!

Kjerstin said...

I'm waiting for the Lincoln in a box story. . .I tried to tell Dustin about it yesterday, but I was laughing too hard! I need him to be able to read it (so he can actually understand it).

:)

Karri said...

Wow, look at that bird. Are you sure it didn't escape from someones cage?! I never see birds like that here. It was so fun to get to talk to you for 10 minutes at Bonko. We must do something about that.