Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Captain Plazmo To The Rescue!

Last weekend we had the Relay For Life. For those who are unfamiliar with that, it is a bunch of local businesses that come together to raise money for the cancer society. This took place at Bonneville High Schools stadium. There has to be someone on the track, from your team, walking at all times. My job happened to have had a few teams and a booth there. This picture is of my friend Melinda (she is the one with the hat and the finger bunny ears). I work with her and she is a CANCER SURVIVOR!! Thank you for living Melinda, I love you!!! She is one of the strongest people I know, she was married at 19, had twins at 20, one of which died at birth. She got cancer, kicked it... Her home had a rare form of mold from a flooded basement and the clean up crew did a sloppy job, her husband died from a RARE desiese he developed from the mold, their entire house and everything inside had to be destroyed and rebuilt. She has been remarried, had quadrouplettes(4 babies at one time) they are now 4 years old, one of which has a severe case of hydrocyphelis and is a wonder to all the doctors at Primary Children Hospital, he was in the hospital for 3 weeks in which time he had 7 surgeries and is still not for sure out of the woods. And now she is ready to battle the cancer again. Look at that smile. She is like that most of the time. Makes ya wonder why we ever have the right to complain about anything right!!
On the lighter side, my job is at a plasma collection center and they have a mascot suit, which I volunteered Jeff to wear, this is him getting suited up. The blue packs around his waist are icepacks to keep him cool and that stylish pointy hat is to hold up the suit into a nice hershey kiss type form.

We laughed so hard watching this girl I work with climb into his hiney to help him in. Jeff said one time she grabbed his manhood totally violating him by accident.


Now who can resist this hottie. I am kissing him. Don't ya love his tiny stub hands poking out the front. Oh my gosh!



Check out those moves. Carson is dancing with him and Maycee is standing back cracking up.
WHAT A SPORT right. It was all for a good cause, I think there was like $40,000 dollars raised for this event. Rock on!!




4 comments:

Kjerstin said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I can't stop laughing! Now I don't feel quite so bad asking Jeff to dress up like a pirate!! :)

What a wonderful fundraiser! Your friend sounds like a true superwoman!

Tammy said...

The funny thing is that when you sent me the picture on my phone, I thought what I now know are hands were plasma nipples.

Jenny G said...

Thank you for sharing this. i have the laughs like you wouldn't believe. THen I read Tammy's comment and I will never be the same.

Becky said...

Those are great pictures!!!!! Sounds like a great time!!! I so wanted to be there!!! Maybe another time. Way to go Jeff!!! You are the best sport ever!!!!! Way to go to your friend too!!! She is amazing!!!!!! I hope all goes well for her!!!